Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Get SPIKED!

I'm so excited! I just ordered some SPIKE Shooter! Some what?? Seriously? Okay, let's rewind. I like energy drinks. Some people say I have a problem. They are probably right, seeing as I can look past my laptop screen to see 25+ assorted energy drinks. But here's what makes me different. For one, I don't like they fake fruity taste of your typical Amp. In fact, I tend to settle with NOS and Cocaine energy instead. The badder the better. And I just found SPIKE Shooter, a still more powerful energy drink, with 300mg of caffeine. Redbull and Monster are ashamed.


I had to order a box because it's apparently banned from 7-Eleven or something and I can't find it anywhere. Same with Cocaine energy drinks. I am so glad they are sold so close to my house. And now I shall wait anxiously for my new drinks. I've never tried a SPIKE Shooter and cannot wait! 


Maybe you're horrified by now, who knows. I realize that my extreme-ness in energy drink consumption is pretty bad (though I actually kind of quit during the summer!). But let me put it this way. I can quit caffeine, I have...like a million times. Withdrawal is a bitch, man.


Don't you just hate that, when you change for the better... and then you just screw it up? Maybe you went on a healthy diet that consisted of more than just pizza, Burger King, and McDonald's... and it went on long enough for you to feel a sense of accomplishment...and then, led by some unknown impulse, you messed it all up? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.


It's frustrating being impulsive, and being frustrated makes me more impulsive. It's a very nice self-destructive cycle. Rainbows and ponies included. Well, maybe not ponies. 

Also, I'm come to the conclusion that the image below is ultimately what I believe to be the best summary of tips for enjoying life. It's the fucking truth.


But the interesting thing is that the "easiest" things always turn out to be the most difficult. Be yourself? Not many people actually want to be themselves. Some want to be themselves but aren't for some reason. People don't ask for help, they don't like to. Networking? Ugh, sounds like it takes effort. Speaking up? Anyone? No? *silence* Nobody wants to speak up or, for some reason, they just don't. And who am I to judge anyway? I'm not myself all the time. I don't ask for help. No networking. No speaking up much either. I'm certainly not setting an example. But it would work, you know. It wouldn't make your life perfect, but you'd be more flexible and resilient, and happy. Oh my, what is this Happiness you speak of?? You get it.





No comments:

Post a Comment