Friday, August 23, 2013

Banksy: Real Graffiti

I am often surprised by how many people seek to be happy, or rich, or healthy. They tend to be people who want to be solely happy, solely rich, and solely healthy. It's a very common idea, so it may come as a surprise that I want to gain happiness, wealth, and health through sadness, poorness, and sickness. How am I to know if I am happy if I have never been sad? It's basically my theory about how to approach situations.


So, anyway. What to talk about? Maybe you know Banksy? Chances are you don't know him personally, but maybe you know his art. I like to think that Banksy is some unknown individual (and he is) that secretly goes around spraying meaningful graffiti on walls (and he does). I like to see him as some hidden individual that can observe society for what it is. Take a look at some of his work for yourself.




What do you think it means? It'll mean something different to each person, but nobody can deny that it is a strong message. And the truth is, I particularly love that last image. Graffiti is illegal for a reason, because ideas can be dangerous. Sounds too Communist for you? Well, what do dead-beat drunks and people who refuse to do anything do? Nothing. Who pays for their welfare, their food stamps? You do.



Now, art tours are inspired by Banksy's work and people flock to see his graffiti. I like to hope that it is because they are coming to a realization of what reality looks like. I don't approve of ignorance. Optimism is good, being positive is good for you, but not at the cost of knowledge, insight, and understanding. People must thrive to make better decisions because they know how bad things were, are, and can be. You need all the information you can get, so you shouldn't cut yourself off at only what you want to know.




"If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission"

Take notes? Well, it's no surprise that I love Banksy. He has an eye for the truth and isn't afraid of stepping outside of society and the law to show it. Hopefully, you got something out of this. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. But the fact that you know changes things, even if that change is not to change.

So, something for fun~


Cyanide and Happiness is so amusing to me.
I've officially lost circulation in my arm from lying on the floor, so farewell, I am off to regain my circulatory system's balance. <3








No comments:

Post a Comment